Managing profiles and multiple devices

bloopy

Managing profiles and multiple devices

Post by bloopy »

Hello,

I discovered this application because I'm looking to get into the world of macropads.

Ideally, I'd like to use midikey2key for several software :
Adobe Premiere
Adobe photoshop
Adobe lightroom
Obsidian
Ableton

That's a minimum of 5 software, plus the usual Windows shortcuts or macros,
I plan to use a 64-pad lightroom controller.

I have several questions from a software and hardware point of view:
- Does midikey2key allow to manage as many profiles we want, or let's say at least 6-8 profiles/software?
- I'd like either to activate an option for the profile to be automatically selectable via a pad
- Or dynamically according to the software open in the foreground in Windows?

Also, is it possible to manage several devices at the same time?
- For example, a launchpad-type device at the same time as an lpd8-type device with encoders.

Thanks
Der Abt
Site Admin

Re: Managing profiles and multiple devices

Post by Der Abt »

Yes, You can run as many instances of MK2K at te same time as You wish.
When the hotkeys of Your programs are all different, You could have only one profile for all.
You can create shortcuts to MK2K to start it with certain settings with File - Save Shortcut.
MK2K can not detect the app in focus for sending hotkeys. The app in foreground should receive the keypress, and for apps in backgroud You would need to turn off global hotkeys onhtese apps , if possible.

You could use a launching MK2K set to startup Your apps with a shell script together with a related MK2K setting, so that photoshop will be launched and MK2K will be launched with Your MK2K photoshop.ini, and this for all Your apps.
Or just use the shortcuts.
Greetz
Der Abt

Creator of MidiKey2Key
https://midikey2key.de